Today I bring you the recipe for pear, almond and chocolate cupcakes. I made these for my Mr’s birthday. I asked him to pick three flavours and then I would turn them into a cupcake for him. This is what I came up with…
You will need:
For the sponge:
275g self raising flour
175g soft brown sugar
100ml vegetable oil
200ml non dairy milk (soy or oat tend to work best)
1 tsp baking powder
1tps almond extract
30g ground almonds
1 pear, peeled and chopped
100g dark chocolate chips
For the frosting:
250g icing sugar
100g non-dairy spread
30g cocoa powder
Edible shimmer and chocolate decorations (optional)
What to do:
Pre-heat the oven to 200’c and line a 12 hole muffin pan with muffin cases.
1) sieve the flour and baking powder together into a large bowl. Add the ground almonds and sugar, mix together.
2) In a jug, whisk together the oil, non dairy milk and almond extract. Add to the dry ingredients.
3) Add in the chopped pear and chocolate chips and stir the whole mixture until just mixed.
4) Divide the mixture between the muffin cases (I use an ice-cream scoop to ensure my cupcakes are roughly the same size).
5) Put onto the middle shelf in the oven for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick/cake tester comes out clean.
6) Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. In the meantime, combine all the frosting ingredient in a bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Put in the fridge until the cakes are cooled.
7) Pipe a swirl of the frosting onto each cake. Finish off with a little edible lustre and a chocolate decoration if you like.
8) Stuff them in your face.